Ginger Almond Refrigerator Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 4 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh or dried ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer. Beat in egg, ginger and almond extract until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- SHAPE into two 6-inch rolls. Roll in chopped almonds. (If dough is too soft, chill slightly before rolling.) Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap, then wrap with foil. Chill several hours or up to overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.