Fabulous Football Biscuits with Caramel-Apple Fondue
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 22 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 2 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons butter
oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
flour, sugar and cream until dough forms a ball.
dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding in half about 3 to 5 times (do not overwork), adding just enough flour to keep from sticking to your hands.
out dough gently to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut dough into biscuits using 1 1/2 inch football shaped cookie cutter coated with flour. Reroll and cut as needed.
biscuits about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Make cuts using sharp knife in top of each "football" to resemble laces, being careful not to cut all the way through dough. Brush with melted butter.
10 minutes or until golden brown.
together caramel topping, apple, nuts and butter. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 mintue or until caramel is melted and heated through. Transfer to fondue server or warming server. Serve with biscuits.
- *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.