- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 12 min
- 12 servings
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 120°F)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour, divided
- 1/2 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl. Heat milk and butter in small saucepan until butter melts. Add sugar and salt to milk mixture.
- STIR yeast mixture, milk mixture and 3 cups flour together until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface; knead 2 minutes. Spray a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with damp cloth or plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Cover rolling surface with corn meal. Punch down dough; divide in half. Roll each half out to 1/2-inch thickness on prepared surface. Cut into 3-inch rounds; place on baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- BAKE 6 minutes on each side, or until browned. Cool on wire racks. Serve split and toasted.