Easy Homemade Deluxe Pizzas
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 20 min
- 4 (7-inch) pizzas
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 to 2 teaspoons White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Pepperoni slices
- 1/4 pound bulk sausage, cooked and drained
- Fresh mushrooms
- Chopped onion
- Green or sweet red pepper, chopped or cut into decorative designs
- Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded or cut into decorative designs
yeast over water in large bowl, stirring to dissovle. Add oil, sugar and salt. Add 1 1/2 cups flour and mix until blended. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a firm dough, mixing well.
onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).
a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Shape dough into a ball; place in a bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F), free from drafts, 30 to 45 minutes or until double in size.
oven to 450°F. Sprinkle ungreased pizza brick or pizza pan with cornmeal.
down, and divide dough in fourths. Roll one fourth into a 7-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer dough to prepared pizza brick or pan. Fold over edges of dough, and pinch to form crust. Prick dough in about 6 places. Repeat with remaining dough.
12 to 15 minutes.
1/4 cup sauce over each pizza crust. Add toppings of your choice. Return to oven; bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese melts.
THINNER CRUST PIZZA
above directions. After pinching edges of rolled out dough to form a crust, brush bottom of crust with a thin layer of olive oil. Spread with sauce and add toppings. Bake at 450F 15 to 20 minutes.
may be made ahead. Let dough rise; punch down. Grease on all sides; wrap securely in plastic wrap. Place in plastic bag; store in refrigerator up to 3 days. Punch dough down daily. (Dough may also be frozen up to one month.) Let dough reach room temperature before rolling and shaping.
crusts may be baked ahead and frozen until ready to use. Thaw before adding toppings.