- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 22 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
- HEAT oven to 500°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MEASURE flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
- BLEND in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cooled biscuits can be frozen up to one month in plastic food storage bags. Reheat by placing in oven 5 to 10 minutes at 350°F or microwave about 1 minute.