- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 22 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
oven to 500°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
in just enough milk with a fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
biscuits can be frozen up to one month in plastic food storage bags. Reheat by placing in oven 5 to 10 minutes or microwave about 1 minute.