Cranberry Pecan Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 45 min
- 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Whipped cream
- COMBINE flour and salt in large bowl or bowl of food processor. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives, or if using food processor, add using a quick pulse, until mixture is the size of peas.
- ADD water a little at a time, tossing lightly with fork, or pulsing food processor only a few times, until dough is moist enough to hold together when pressed together.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface; press into a ball. Flatten ball and fold in half. Repeat three times. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- ROLL dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch pie plate by loosely rolling around rolling pin. Center rolling pin over pie plate; unroll, easing dough into pie plate.
- TRIM edges of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired.
- PLACE cranberries evenly in unbaked pie shell.
- BEAT eggs in large bowl. Add corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, orange peel and salt. Mix well. Pour over cranberries. Arrange pecan halves evenly over top.
- BAKE 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.