Cranberry Pecan Pie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 45 min
- 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Whipped cream
flour and salt in large bowl or bowl of food processor. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives, or if using food processor, add using a quick pulse, until mixture is the size of peas.
water a little at a time, tossing lightly with fork, or pulsing food processor only a few times, until dough is moist enough to hold together when pressed together.
onto lightly floured surface; press into a ball. Flatten ball and fold in half. Repeat three times. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
oven to 325°F.
dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch pie plate by loosely rolling around rolling pin. Center rolling pin over pie plate; unroll, easing dough into pie plate.
edges of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Flute dough as desired.
cranberries evenly in unbaked pie shell.
eggs in large bowl. Add corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, orange peel and salt. Mix well. Pour over cranberries. Arrange pecan halves evenly over top.
60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.