Country Style Buttermilk Fried Boneless Chicken
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 4 servings
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil to 365°F in large heavy skillet.
- BLEND flour, salt and pepper thoroughly in medium bowl. Break eggs into small bowl, beat lightly; set aside. Pour buttermilk into separate bowl.
- DIP chicken breasts, one at a time, into buttermilk. Coat completely with flour mixture. Dip into beaten eggs, then dip back into flour. Repeat for other pieces.
- PLACE chicken breasts gently into hot oil. Fry uncovered 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
- DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately, or place on pan in 200°F oven until ready to serve.