Country Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked country ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas.
- ADD ham, cheese and sour cream. Gradually add milk, stirring only enough to moisten flour and hold dough together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently two or three strokes. Gently pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough; re-roll one time. Cut as described above. Discard scraps.
- PLACE on prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart for crisp sides or almost touching for soft sides.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter. Serve hot.