Cornmeal Pie with Cheddar
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 55 min
- 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs, separated
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- WHISK cornmeal mix with milk in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until most of milk is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- STIR in cheese, butter and paprika, just until blended and cheese melts.
- BEAT egg yolks in small bowl. While whisking, gradually pour about 1/4 cornmeal mixture into egg yolks. Beat well; stir yolk mixture back into cornmeal mixture.
- WHIP egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cornmeal mixture. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center is almost clean when removed. Serve warm.