- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 12 servings
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, or bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans or pinto beans, rinsed drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
oven to 425°F. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or bacon drippings to 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet. Place in oven to heat.
cornmeal mix, 1 tablespoon oil, egg, milk and salsa. Pour into prepared skillet.
30 to 35 minutes for 8-inch skillet; bake 25 to 30 minutes for 10-inch skillet. Cool completely.
can be made up to 2 days ahead.
sour cream, mayonnaise and dry ranch dressing mix. Refrigerate until needed.
tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, if desired, and cilantro.
1/2 corn bread into large serving bowl. Layer 1/3 tomato mixture, 1/2 beans, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 salad dressing and 1/2 cheese. Repeat layers. Garnish top with remaining tomato mixture.
and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.