Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cream Pie with Chocolate Crust
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 8 servings
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet baking chocolate, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
oven to 450°F.
flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water one tablespoon at a time. Toss with fork. Repeat just until mixture is moistened and can be formed into a ball. (The dough should hold together when picked up and pressed, and should not crack.) Flatten ball; chill 30 minutes.
out dough on lightly floured surface to a 12-inch circle. Transfer dough to 9-inch pie plate by loosely rolling around rolling pin. Center rolling pin over pie plate; unroll, easing dough into pie plate. Trim excess pastry from edges, leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold edge under. Pinch between thumb and forefinger to shape. Prick bottom and sides with a fork.
8 to 10 minutes.
flour, granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, or until thickened.
about one-fourth of hot mixture gradually into beaten egg yolks. Add egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until melted. Remove from heat.
chocolate pieces into mixture, leaving some chunks unmelted. Pour hot mixture into baked crust. Let stand 1 minute; swirl melted chocolate chunks using knife. Cool completely.
heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over top of pie; garnish with chopped peanuts.