- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- 10 min
- 2 cups
- 2 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- PLACE chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, salt, melted chocolate, shortening and vanilla in mixing bowl. Slowly blend in milk to desired consistency. Beat on high 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- MOCHA FROSTING: FOLLOW the recipe above, substituting 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water for 1 tablespoon of milk.