Chocolate Chip Refrigerator Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 5 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl until creamy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture, chocolate chips and nuts just until blended.
- SHAPE into two 8-inch rolls. If dough is too soft, chill slightly before rolling. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap, then with foil. Chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CUT rolls into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Bake on ungreased baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.