Chicken Chile Cornbread Casserole
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 55 min
- 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 (8 1/2 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising Buttermilk White Cornmeal Mix, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
chicken, cheese, Mexican-style corn, cream-style corn, chiles, 2 tablespoons cornmeal mix, chili powder, cumin, cilantro and salt. Spoon into prepared dish.
remaining 1 cup cornmeal mix, milk, oil and egg until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture.
35 to 40 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.