Cherry Cordial Brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 24 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT chocolate and 3/4 cup butter in large saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- COMBINE sugar, melted chocolate and 2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl. Stir until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Do not overbake. Cool completely.
- BEAT powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter and cherry juice in medium bowl until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- MELT chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth OR place chocolate chips and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stir to blend. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cool slightly. Drizzle over cherry frosting.