Cheesy-Onion Corn Dogs
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 10 corn dogs
- 10 hot dogs
- 1 quart Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 cup crushed cheese crackers
- INSERT wooden skewers lengthwise into centers of hot dogs, stopping about halfway through.
- FILL electric skillet or deep-fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches deep). Heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, carbonated beverage, cheese, onion, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- DIP hot dogs into batter, then coat with crackers. Carefully dip in hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.