Cheese Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
flour in large bowl. Divide shortening into several pieces; scatter on top of flour. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
in cheese and milk gradually, stirring just enough to moisten flour and hold dough together. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
8 to 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter.