Cheddar Casserole Bread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 24 servings
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 120°F)
- 1/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dillweed
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
yeast in warm water in large bowl. Stir in milk, sugar, salt, oil, eggs, dillweed, onion and 2 cups flour.
until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Add remaining 1 cup flour; mix well (dough will be stiff but sticky). Cover with damp, lint-free cloth or plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
a 9-inch glass pie plate or 1 1/2 quart glass casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Add cheese to dough; stir gently until evenly distributed. Place in prepared pie plate or casserole. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 45 minutes.
oven to 375°F. Brush top of dough lightly with melted butter.
30 to 35 minutes. Remove from pie plate or casserole; brush top with melted butter. Serve warm.