Carrot Spice Muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
flour, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk together applesauce, oil and eggs. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Fold in carrots and pecans. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Dust tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
longer storage, cool muffins completely and place in resealable freezer bags. Heat in microwave until warm for a quick breakfast.