- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 12 servings
PECAN PASTRY CRUST
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted and cooled*
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
- 5 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- COMBINE flour and pecans in food processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- ADD cold butter and salt; pulse until mixture is the size of small peas. Add egg yolk and water; pulse only until combined.
- REMOVE to parchment paper. Press dough into ball. Divide dough into 2 round disks. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill at least 30 minutes or up to two days.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Roll out 1 pastry disk on floured surface to 11-inch circle. Gently place in a 9-inch deep-dish or 10-inch pie plate. Trim edge, leaving 1/2-inch overhang. Roll out second pastry round. Cut 1-inch-wide strips using a decorative pastry wheel or pizza cutter. Chill strips.
- STIR apple slices gently with brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in large bowl. Pour into crust.
- WEAVE strips of dough over filling to form lattice crust, extending ends of strips beyond edge of bottom crust. Trim ends of strips even with outer edge of bottom crust. Lift edge of bottom crust; fold over ends of strips. Crimp edge. Drizzle melted butter over the top crust.
- BAKE on lowest oven rack 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool 1 hour. Just before serving, drizzle caramel topping over crust.
- *To toast pecans: Place in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.