Cajun Corn Dogs
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 servings
- 10 hot dogs
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, optional
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- INSERT wooden skewers lengthwise into centers of hot dogs, stopping about halfway through.
- FILL electric skillet or deep-fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches deep). Heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, seasoning, milk and egg; stir until well blended.
- DIP hot dogs into batter, then into hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towel.