- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 6 servings
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- PREPARE waffle iron for use according to manufacturer's instructions.
- COMBINE flour and baking soda. Beat egg whites until stiff. Combine egg yolks, butter and milk. Stir into flour mixture. Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into center of waffle iron.
- BAKE until no steam shows around edges of iron. Lift top and loosen waffle with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Freezing Instructions: Place between layers of wax paper; freeze in airtight container up to 3 months. To reheat, microwave 2 minutes.