Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 4 servings
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 chicken tenders
- HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil in large skillet to 365°F.
- BLEND flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Break eggs into small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Pour 1 cup buttermilk into separate bowl.
- DIP chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk, then into flour mixture. Coat completely. Dip into egg, then return to flour mixture. Coat completely.
- PLACE chicken gently into hot oil. Fry uncovered about 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and juices from chicken run clear.
- DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately or place on rack in 200°F oven until ready to serve.