- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 1 1/4 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs large, lightly beaten
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli or frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Add 1 tablespoon oil to 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch baking pan. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE milk, 1/4 cup oil and eggs in large bowl. Add cornmeal mix, onion powder and black pepper. Stir until just moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- POUR into preheated skillet or pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.