Black Walnut Cream Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, 3 to 4 cups as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray three 8-inch or two 9-inch round pans or a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND flour and nuts in small bowl; set aside. Beat eggs 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar; beat 30 seconds until blended.
- COMBINE heavy cream and milk in small bowl or measuring cup. Add flour and nuts alternately with milk and cream to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- ADD vanilla. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan(s).
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pans to cool completely on wire racks.
- FROST with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle top lightly with additional black walnuts.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- BEAT cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add more or less powdered sugar to obtain desired spreading consistency.