Benne (Sesame) Seed Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 24 servings
- 1 cup sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Place sesame seeds in shallow pan; toast 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- COMBINE butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Stir into sugar mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup sesame seeds.
- ROLL dough into tablespoon sized balls; roll balls in remaining sesame seeds. Place on cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten with the bottom of a glass or press with hands.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.