Barbecue Chicken Cornbread Pizza
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 25 min
- 16 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 105ºF to 115ºF
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded provolone or mozzrella cheese
- MARINATE chicken breasts in refrigerator in 1 cup of barbecue sauce at least 30 minutes. Make pizza crusts while chicken is marinating.
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl. Add cornmeal mix, salt and sugar; stir to combine. Gradually add flour until dough pulls away from side of bowl and is soft.
- TURN dough with floured hands onto lightly floured surface. Knead by turning and folding 10 minutes or pulse in food processor or electric mixer.
- POUR about 1 tablespoon oil into medium bowl. Place dough into bowl; turning to coat surface. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; allow to rise in warm place until double in size, about 1 hour. Punch down dough. Dough may be used immediately or wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- If using refrigerated dough, allow dough to sit at room temperature to warm 30 minutes before rolling.
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Lightly coat two pizza pans or baking sheets with oil or no-stick cooking spray.
- DIVIDE dough in half; make into two balls. Sprinkle pan surfaces with flour or cornmeal. Roll dough to fit; place on prepared pans. Let dough rise in pans about 15 minutes.
- BAKE 12 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer in shallow baking dish; cover with foil. Bake until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces.
- SPREAD 1/2 cup of remaining barbecue sauce on each pizza crust. Top with chicken and vegetables.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Remove from oven; top each pizza with 1 cup shredded cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.