Barbecue Chicken Cornbread Pizza
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 25 min
- 16 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 105ºF to 115ºF
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded provolone or mozzrella cheese
chicken breasts in refrigerator in 1 cup of barbecue sauce at least 30 minutes. Make pizza crusts while chicken is marinating.
yeast in warm water in large bowl. Add cornmeal mix, salt and sugar; stir to combine. Gradually add flour until dough pulls away from side of bowl and is soft.
dough with floured hands onto lightly floured surface. Knead by turning and folding 10 minutes or pulse in food processor or electric mixer.
about 1 tablespoon oil into medium bowl. Place dough into bowl; turning to coat surface. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; allow to rise in warm place until double in size, about 1 hour. Punch down dough. Dough may be used immediately or wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- If using refrigerated dough, allow dough to sit at room temperature to warm 30 minutes before rolling.
oven to 450ºF. Lightly coat two pizza pans or baking sheets with oil or no-stick cooking spray.
dough in half; make into two balls. Sprinkle pan surfaces with flour or cornmeal. Roll dough to fit; place on prepared pans. Let dough rise in pans about 15 minutes.
12 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
oven to 350ºF. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer in shallow baking dish; cover with foil. Bake until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces.
1/2 cup of remaining barbecue sauce on each pizza crust. Top with chicken and vegetables.
15 minutes. Remove from oven; top each pizza with 1 cup shredded cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.