Banana Nut Bread
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
1 hr 5 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
oven to 350ºF. Spray the bottoms only of two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
shortening, sugar, mashed banana, eggs, nuts and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pans.
60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.