Autumn Apple Cobbler
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 35 min
- 12 servings
- 12 medium size tart apples
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, or favorite flavor
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Place in large bowl; add raisins and orange peel. Combine 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; sprinkle over fruit. Mix well.
- SPOON apple mixture into ungreased 2-quart oblong baking dish; dot with butter.
- COMBINE 1 1/2 cups flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add 3 tablespoons milk; toss with fork just to moisten. Form into a ball.
- ROLL pastry on lightly floured surface to 13 x 9-inch rectangle. Place over apples; flute edges. Brush with 1 tablespoon milk; cut slits to vent steam. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.