Apricot Pastry Cookies
- Prep Time:
1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 80 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- COMBINE flour and salt; set aside. Beat butter and cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture by hand just until blended.
- DIVIDE dough into fourths, wrap in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apricot preserves, coconut and walnuts; set aside. Roll one fourth of dough at a time on floured pastry cloth or other floured surface into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut rolled dough into 2-inch squares. Spread each square with 1 teaspoon apricot mixture, leaving edges of dough uncovered.
- MOISTEN one corner of dough with water. Beginning at opposite corner, roll towards moistened corner; press lightly to seal.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.