Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Smucker's® Spiced Apple Butter
- COMBINE butter and sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans until blended.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap; chill several hours or overnight. (Dough can be stored up to 3 days.)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- SHAPE dough into 60 one-inch balls. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb gently in the center of each ball to make an indention. Fill each indention with 1 teaspoon apple butter.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.