Angel Food Cake with Strawberry Topping
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 12 to 16 servings
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites, (11 to 12 large eggs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (11.75 oz.) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Flavored Topping
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries
rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 375ºF. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour and salt, sifting three times to blend thoroughly.
egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and almond extract in large clean bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
flour mixture and water into the egg whites. Spread batter evenly in 10-inch tube pan. Bake 37 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Invert cake pan onto a bottle and cool completely before removing from pan. Serve with strawberry topping and/or fresh berries, if desired.