All-American Baseball Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 25 min
- 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 9 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup dried egg whites
- 2/3 cup water
- Food coloring (red and blue)
- COMBINE butter and sugar in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon extract and lemon peel; beat well. Add flour and baking powder; beat on low speed to combine. Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- ROLL out half of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out 3-inch rounds for baseballs and a star cutter for star cookies. Place cookies 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE powdered sugar and dried egg whites. Stir in just enough of the water to achieve a spreadable consistency. Divide into several smaller bowls. Add color by dipping wooden pick into food coloring and then into frosting, stirring to combine.
- BRUSH frosting on each cookie using a pastry brush to coat top. Spoon remaining frosting into small decorating bag. Pipe onto cookies to create baseballs and patriotic stars.