- Prep Time:
- 45 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 48 rolls
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- COOK potatoes in boiling water about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup potato water. Combine potato water and milk; heat until warm (105° to 115°F). Stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand until dissolved.
- MASH potatoes to equal 1 cup. Combine potatoes, oil, egg, salt and yeast mixture. Blend well. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Knead 10 minutes, adding more flour if needed.
- COAT large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with towel or plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- COAT four 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, then each quarter into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, pulling edges under to make a smooth top. Place 12 balls, smooth side up, in each prepared pan. Cover. Let rise in warm place 20 to 30 minutes or until double in size.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter. Remove from pans. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 roll of 48), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Wrap extra muffins in foil, and freeze for later use. To reheat, remove foil, wrap in a paper towel, and microwave one at a time for 3-10 seconds or until thawed.
When making muffins, mix wet and dry ingredients just until moistened. The batter will still be lumpy. Over-mixing will result in tough, heavy muffins.