Poppyseed Corn Muffins with Cheddar
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray or use muffin cup liners.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix and sugar in large bowl.
- WHISK together egg, milk, cheese and oil in small bowl. Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- FILL muffin cups about 2/3 full using a spoon or scoop. Sprinkle tops with poppy seeds.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making biscuits, make a well in the center of the flour mixture and use a fork to gently blend in the milk or buttermilk, being careful not to over-mix.
The amount of flour needed to knead bread dough varies based on the climate or season. Flour absorbs moisture from humid air, and loses moisture to dry air.