- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 8 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 5 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets generously with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT egg whites and sugar in medium bowl until foamy, about 30 seconds. Add flour, butter, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until well blended with no lumps remaining.
- DROP by heaping teaspoonfuls, well apart, on baking sheet. Flatten into thin circle with back of spoon.
- BAKE only 4 cookies at a time 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are browned.
- COOL 15 seconds on baking sheet. Working quickly, immediately loosen edges of cookie. Lift cookie slightly and roll around a wooden spoon handle with bottom of cookie to inside. Slide off handle and cool on wire rack. (If cookies harden too quickly, return to oven for 1 minute.) Store in air tight containers.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 35 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.