Peppered Sour Cream Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic-seasoned black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR together all remaining ingredients in large bowl to form a ball.
- TURN onto floured surface. Knead dough by folding dough in half 5 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- CUT with 3-inch biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with additional melted butter, if desired.
- BAKE 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.
When making biscuits, pack vegetable shortening into a measuring cup so there are no air pockets. Cut it into the flour with a pastry blender, 2 knives, or a fork.