- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Beat butter and sugar 3 to 4 minutes in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed or until light and fluffy. Beat in flour until blended. Stir in pecans by hand just until blended. Shape into ball.
- ROLL on lightly floured pastry cloth or other floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with desired shape 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over tops, if desired.
Serving Size (1/24 of recipe), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.