Peaches and Cream Pie with Raspberries
- Prep Time:
- 4 hr 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 5 hr
- 8 servings
- Flaky Pie Crust
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh peach slices, divided
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Peach Preserves
- 2 teaspoons gelatin, unflavored
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- PREPARE recipe for single crust pie. Roll out dough; place in 9-inch pie plate. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork to prevent crust from shrinking. Line crust with foil; fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and salt in small saucepan. Gradually add milk, mixing well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- STIR a small amount of hot mixture rapidly into egg yolks. Return egg yolk mixture to hot mixture. Continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, vanilla extract and almond extract. Cool.
- ARRANGE 1 cup sliced peaches in cooled, baked pastry shell. Spoon cream filling over peaches. Refrigerate.
- HEAT preserves in small saucepan. Strain preserves to make peach glaze. In small bowl, soften gelatin in 2 tablespoons cold water. Add gelatin to 1/2 cup hot glaze, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Cool until mixture is the consistancy of unbeaten egg whites.
- ARRANGE remaining peaches and raspberries over pie filling. Pour or spoon glaze evenly over peaches and raspberries. Chill 4 to 6 hours, or until firm.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 41g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.