Peach Cobbler with Biscuit Topping
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 21 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 8 servings
- 6 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
OR 6 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 2/3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- COMBINE peach slices, sugar, flour and cinnamon in large saucepan. Heat over medium high heat 5 minutes, or until mixture is hot and sauce begins to thicken.
- MELT butter in 9 x 9-inch or 11 x 7-inch baking pan. Pour peach mixture into melted butter. Set aside.
- COMBINE flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk gradually, stirring in only enough to moisten flour and hold dough together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold in half; press lightly 2 or 3 times so that it can be rolled and will not stick. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick; cut with 2-inch biscuit cutter. Press biscuits gently on top of peach mixture. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm; top with ice cream, if desired.
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 43g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.