Orange Marmalade Filled Cream Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade, or any Smucker's® Preserves or Jam of your choice
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk all at once. Stir just until blended.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold dough in half three times, pressing lightly between each fold.
- ROLL out dough to slightly less than 1/2-inch thick. Cut using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cut 6 slits though the dough around edges, leaving 1/4-inch in center uncut (this gives the biscuit the daisy shape).
- PRESS down on center of each biscuit with thumb. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon marmalade into center.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.
When making biscuits, make a well in the center of the flour mixture and use a fork to gently blend in the milk or buttermilk, being careful not to over-mix.