- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 scones
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in dates. Whisk together yogurt, 1 egg and orange peel. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 10 to 12 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thick circle. For traditional Bristish scones, cut with a sharp knife into 12 wedges or cut with a 3-inch round cutter. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Beat remaining egg and brush tops lightly for a shiny, golden top crust.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- STIR butter, honey and orange peel until smooth. Serve with warm scones.
Serving Size (1 scone of 12), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.