Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 50 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 40 min
- 8 servings
- Flaky Pie Crust
- 7 cups peeled, cored and sliced Granny Smith apples, about 7 apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- PREPARE pie dough for double crust pie. Place bottom crust in 9-inch pan; chill.
- TOSS apple slices with lemon juice in large bowl. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, cloves and allspice in small bowl. Add to apple slices; toss.
- FILL bottom crust with apple mixture, mounding it carefully. Dot mixture with small pieces of chilled butter.
- PLACE top crust over apples. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar. Prick with fork or cut slits to vent steam.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes. Cover rim lightly with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 30g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.