Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 60 cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries*
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts**
- HEAT oven to 375º F. Lightly spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat flour mixture into shortening mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
- *Substitute 1 cup dried cherries, dried blueberries, currants, candy coated chocolate candies, chocolate chunks or white chocolate chunks for cranberries, if desired. **Substitute 3/4 cup chopped pecans, pistachios or hazelnuts for walnuts, if desired.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Place unbaked cookies at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets to allow room for spreading.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.