- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (5 oz.) can cooked chicken, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- HEAT oven to 450°F.
- COMBINE flour and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing with fork just until moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface. Flatten and roll to form 12-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry to build up edge. Flute. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork.
- BAKE 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F.
- HEAT oil in medium skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- LAYER chicken, cooked onions and garlic, chiles, olives, tomato, Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese in pie crust.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, salt, cumin, hot pepper sauce and pepper in small bowl. Blend well. Pour carefully over ingredients in pie crust. Cover fluted edge of pie with 1 1/2-inch strip of foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of quiche), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 14g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.