Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Prep Time:
- 8 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 pancakes
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- HEAT griddle. Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl.
- COMBINE buttermilk, egg, oil, lemon peel and lemon juice in small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended (batter will be slightly lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- POUR 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles come to the surface and edges are slightly dry. Turn pancake and cook other side until golden brown.
- For thicker pancakes, use 3/4 cup buttermilk.
- Freezing Instructions - Cool pancakes completely. Place between layer of wax paper; freeze in aritight container up to 3 months. To reheat, microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
Serving Size (1 pancake of 10), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.