Honey-Crunch Corn Dogs
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 3 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 10 servings
- 10 hot dogs
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- INSERT wooden skewers lengthwise into hot dogs, stopping about half way through. Fill electric skillet or deep fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches). Heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, milk, honey and 1 teaspoon oil in medium bowl. Fold in egg whites.
- DIP hot dogs into batter, then coat with crushed corn flakes.
- DIP carefully into hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Serving Size (1 corn dog), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 890mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Chill pastry, covered, for up to 12 hours. This makes it easier to handle and keeps it from shrinking during baking.
To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, dip them in a bowl of warm water. Cut butter into small chunks and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to soften.