Grandma's Old Fashioned Country Gravy
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 servings
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 sausage patties
- 1/3 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3 1/2 cups milk, room temperature
- COOK meat in large, heavy skillet until brown and crispy. Remove meat; drain on paper towels.
- ADD flour to drippings in skillet; stir over medium-high heat until slightly brown, about 1 minute.
- ADD salt and milk. Stir constantly until gravy begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Serve over biscuits, with bacon and sausage.
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Knead biscuit dough gently, 5-6 times, on a clean, lightly floured pastry cloth, just until dough holds together and can be rolled out.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.