Gourmet Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 3 dozen cookies
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 6 oz. white or dark chocolate bars or combination of both, cut into chunks
- 7 ounces macadamia nuts, or other nuts as desired
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil shiny side up.
- MELT semi-sweet chocolate and butter; allow to cool slightly. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in small bowl; set aside.
- BEAT sugar, eggs, and vanilla using electric mixer on high speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture; mix just until blended.
- ADD flour mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in white chocolate chunks and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on wire rack completely before removing from foil. If cookies stick slightly, use spatula to remove.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Take chilled items, like butter, eggs, and cream cheese, out of the refrigerator at least a couple of hours before use, so they're at room temperature.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.