Fig & Walnut Scones
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 17 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour & White Grape Seed Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- HEAT oven to 400°. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl, whisking until well blended. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in figs and walnuts.
- WHISK egg and cream in small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring with fork until dough forms. (If dough seems too dry, add additional cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until evenly moistened.)
- PAT dough a 7-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 14g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The warmth of the liquid used in bread recipes is very important. If too hot, the yeast can be destroyed and the dough will not rise.
If batter does not fill every cup of the muffin pan, put a few tablespoons of water in the empty cup to keep muffins moist and to protect the pan from warping.